I have finally become a teacher, after much sweat and tears. I always said when I got my first job I would be too relieved to be sad, but I've found that new things come with new problems.
Year 7: I have pre-set lesson plans, and most of the class are very sweet so this should be fine. I will see how it progresses in the future. The girls have come up to me and told me their names, and so it is hard now to forget them. They often wave to me from across the quad and say "Hello miss!" and it's hard not to like children like that.
Year 8: I have the top class and the bottom class. This has resulted in a very strange divide. I find that the bottom class is better than the top class. Perhaps I had such bad expectations of the bottom class that it made me have low expectations of them. Or maybe they will get worse in the future. One of the boys in the top class got upset because I sent him out, and he felt like his last teacher hated him. He told his mum that he thought having a new teacher would be a new chance for him. How unlucky that he got chosen to be kicked out! He was actually okay, but he was the first one I saw when I was on the end of my patience with that class.
One kid wrote "I went to a river. There was an old man who offered me two lollies. I ate them."
Year 10: These guys worked well and were very good, but the other teacher told me they will soon turn into crazy kids that jump over tables. Hopefully not.
Year 11: I was told that these kids don't want to work, but they did the work pretty well. Six of the boys didn't, and they looked at me like I was crazy for expecting them to.
No comments:
Post a Comment